As the weather gets colder and kids are spending more time inside, there are lots of winter craft ideas for toddlers to both celebrate the season and keep them busy! This fun craft is just one awesome idea that you can do out of all the play and learning themes we have on site. This is wonderful list of winter craft ideas for toddlers to share with the tots, preschoolers, and kids in your family. This would be great for learning the seasons in tot school and a way to enjoy this time of year with your little ones!
Find even more winter activities here.
Winter is fast approaching and we already have tons of snow where we are so what better way to enjoy the snow then to jump into some winter crafts. If you’re running out of ideas for toddler activities then these winter crafts will spark your creativity.
My toddler loves getting down and dirty and creating beautiful pieces of art that she completed all by herself. It’s a great way to spend your afternoon crafting and watch their eyes light up when they are finished as they sit back and enjoy their hard work.
My children never want me to throw any of their work away but we just don’t have the space to store them all, which is why we take pictures of everything.
Winter crafts are a great way to beat the winter blues if you are stuck indoors.
- Toilet Paper Roll Snowflakes Toddler Activity – cut out your shapes from a toilet paper roll and stamp away to make your very own snowflakes.
- Create your own patterned snowman with this project – Cookie Cutter Snowman Art, you make interesting shapes using any cookie cutters you have on hand.
- Build a Snowman Activity Tray is a great way for your toddler to build their own snowman with items that are easily found around the house.
- Decorate your snowman with leftover buttons, a great a simple craft to complete: button snowman craft
- Christmas snowman cotton wool cards can be crafted to create wonderful thank you cards or even Christmas cards for family and friends.
- Ice art sculptures and a super fun way to get your creative juices flowing with colored ice blocks.
- Who doesn’t love a fun craft that involves getting their hands dirty – Polar bear handprint.
- Snow Window is a great sensory activity that involves contact paper and fun snow materials, your toddler can create their own winter scene.
- Make your own CD snowman ornaments and recycle old CDs, they’re simple enough for your toddlers to create and have fun doing so.
You can find Monique writing about homeschooling tips, activities and parenting at Living Life and Learning. She is a SAHM and homeschools her 3 children, they love notebooking, lapbooks and a relaxed approach to homeschooling. You can also find her on Pinterest, Facebook or Twitter.
For more Winter/Christmas toddler posts:
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 4 children living in Boston, MA and believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience. She has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development and is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!