This printable is in association with a full activity plan that can be found, including pictures here: Teaching Graphing through Apples.
Apple Graphing Objectives and skills
- Shows curiosity and motivation.
- Understands and interprets symbolic language such as signs, objects, actions, and pictures to represent something else.
- Shows persistence and accomplishes even challenging tasks, despite minor interruptions and distractions.
- Looks at problems from multiple angles and shows flexibility in how they approach problems.
- Uses basic observation skills to analyze objects.
- Sequences according to time and interprets & completes patterns.
- Can show a connection between written numbers and their quantities.
- Demonstrates problem solving and the use of tools to achieve a goal.
- Uses manipulatives in order to understand and analyze difficult mathematical problems.
- Charts with bar graphs and pie charts.
- Charts events on a time line
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 4 children living in Boston, MA and believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience. She has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development and is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!