This printable is to help children form their letters properly. It goes over the basic strokes, shapes, and lines needed for forming the alphabet in both upper and lower case letters.This activity focuses on the vowels since writing these letters practices all strokes necessary to complete the alphabet.
Find the entire penmanship activity using this printable here.
Included is an adult instruction sheet as well as an activity page that is to be laminated for use.
Objectives and skills for vanishing vowels writing practice
- Fine motor skills and correct pencil placement
- Hand-eye coordination
- Letter recognition and construction
- Understanding and applying capital letters, lower case letters, and spacing
- Writing in a specified size and space
- Alphabetical ordering
- Introduction to consonants vs. vowels
Supplies needed to complete vowel writing
- Dry erase markers with eraser cap
- Adult help and guidance
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 4 children living on a farm in New England. She believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience and has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development. She is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!