Learning tips and tricks to get your kids to listen
Extremely Good Parenting Podcast EP. 007 Show Notes
Guest Katie Joiner and I chat all about great ways to connect with kids and get them to really listen. From little tricks that work to understanding parent-child dynamics when communicating. Plus read more ways to help children listen better on her site!
- 2:35 My Extremely Good of the week
- 6:45 Katie’s Parenting Fail Story
- The first time mom sanctimommy referenced
- 19:00 Waiting until they’re ready
- 22:40 Respecting our child’s needs in the moment
- 24:09 Katie’s “Frontloading” tip
- The importance of reading to kids at night
- 28:15 Adapting to the day
- 29:01 When your child listened to you but there’s a disconnect
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 5 children living on a farm in New England. She believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience and has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development. She is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!