Tough Questions about Child Abuse Answered
Listen to the episode and find the show notes in the yellow box below.
Extremely Good Parenting Podcast EP. 011 Show Notes
While a touchy subject, Paula and I dive into the topic of Child Abuse. We want to take on the issue because the less it’s pushed aside and swept under the rug, the more we can prevent it in our society.
- Abuse Prevention Series #EndBeforeItStarts
- 3:30 An overview of Paula’s Story & why she’s passionate about the topic
- 7:00 Abuse can be anyone and generally from someone close to your family
- 9:27 “You can trust someone with a lot of things and still not let your kids sleep over at their house. It’s just different levels of trust.”
- 12:15 Letting your child connect with family members in their own special way.
- 13:50 Listener, Katie, asks a question about being vigilant but not plagued with anxiety
- 21:30 Why teaching “doctors are safe” can create a gray area for kids
- 25:30 Why Paula is in the middle on teaching anatomically correct terms
- 27:30 How to teach kids to trust others when they’re lost in public
- 35:35 The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 37:50 Paula’s stance on calling CPS [/color-box]
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 5 children living on a farm in New England. She believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience and has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development. She is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!