Planning for your first weeks at home with another baby
Affiliate links included for your shopping convenience.
Listen to the episode and find the show notes in the yellow box below.
Extremely Good Parenting Podcast EP. 012 Show Notes
Paula is the author of When Baby Becomes Big Sibling and we talk about her real life stories in the first weeks of being a parent of two, how to prepare for a larger family, and more.
- Kara’s Extremely good of the week… Pom Juice
- Paula’s Extremely good of the Week… brownies
- 2:55 Paula refills her parenting cup by tickling her kids and other small moments
- 4:15 Our guest’s parenting fail story about inside voices
- 5:45 Why Paula is loving age 5
- 7:19 the fear every mother has with a new pregnancy
- 8:45 When Paula decided she wanted to expand her family
- 9:45 My husband actually has been convincing me to have more babies close together
- 10:49 What would you tell someone that’s interested in expanding their family?
- 12:06 The story of how Paula’s daughter got a knot on her head as a newborn
- 13:00 The gift of siblings
- 15:17 The hardest time period of adding a new baby to your family
- 16:19 Planning ahead for baby feedings with your young child
- 17:18 No prep and low-prep activities for your toddler
- 17:55 Never talking about baby negatively even in pregnancy
- 18:34 Truing to abide by the routine established
- 21:00 The validity in jokes about second and multiple kids
- 22:10 Book Recommendation “Hello Baby“
- 24:23 The baby gives Christmas gifts
- 26:44 It’s ultimately a personal decision
- 26:58 “When there’s love, you can find a way to swing almost anything”
- 27:28 “Chaos is not a sign of failure, it’s a sign of children”
- 27:40 It’s ok if you only have one child. It doesn’t make you less of a parent.
Kara is an author and advocate for positive, grace-filled parenting. She is homeschooler to her 4 children living in Boston, MA and believes in creative educational approaches to help kids dive deeper into a rich learning experience. She has her degree in Secondary Education & Adolescent Childhood Development and is passionate about connecting with and helping other parents on their journey to raise awesome kids!