The holiday break is something families look forward to, but also dread. As a parent we hate hearing our kids are bored or we’ve run out of ideas when the power goes out. These last minute Christmas crafts are just the solution to print out and have on hand. Maybe the weather is a little bit harsher than expected and your travel plans got canceled or maybe you have already gone through all your craft plans, these are some great last minute, but cute, Christmas crafts to do with your children!
Edited from the original 2014 post to include a few extra ideas and some new, fresh pictures!
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s always great idea to have several quick and easy last minute ideas to keep toddlers and preschoolers busy while mommy is making all things done just in time. We have selected several ideas where most of the items needed to complete each of them can be found in your craft stash or from items in daily use. Hope it will assist you in keeping kids busy and focused around Christmas!
Easy Christmas Crafts for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Easy carboard and string ornaments will look wonderful on your Christmas tree!
- Make wrapping paper with cookie cutters and wrap all the presents for family members!
- Craft Stick Stars make for a fun and easy ornament or even to make for outdoor garland.
- Make Gingerbread cookies for your family or even for the neighbors.
- These washy tape snowflakes cards are easy and can be done in few minutes, no drying time!
- Use up some egg crates to make fast last minute bell ornaments.
- Download and print few Christmas photo prompts to have fun for whole family!
- Upcycle paper rolls and old toddler socks to make these easy no-sew and no-glue Christmas elves for kids to play while you cook!
- Have some cardboard and yarn scraps? Let kids make these lovely star ornaments!
- Make a Stained Glass Nativity as a simple Christmas night craft.
- Get the playdough and employ your little elves to work in snowman factory.
- Make learning your child’s name fun with snowman!
- Decorate your space with this super simple star garland. And you can even wrap it out as a gift!
You might also enjoy these seasonal posts:
Mihaela runs Best Toys 4 Toddlers blog and loves to come up with new ideas how to use old toys her 2 daughters keep leaving on the floor to slip over. She loves them despite the fact that they call her mommy few hundred times a day, and it makes her nuts. Right now she’s thinking how to get her 7 year old to make toys for 2 year old as an idea to bring them closer together.